Starting off this section with an everyday routine. Meaning, I will share with you my must haves from day to night. These are products and techniques I use to survive a hectic day at work up until a well-deserved relaxing evening at home.
* Washing your face is essential. I use the Philosophy Purity face wash. It’s very gentle on the skin, the scent is very fresh and will definitely leave your skin hydrated, soft and clean. I do use it with the Face Shop Charcoal Cleansing Puff to make sure I got all the dead skin cells off my face from the overnight snooze fest.
* For the rest of my oral hygiene, brushing your teeth, flossing, gargling with mouth wash is a no-brainer in the morning, but I do a gentle lip scrub every morning to make sure my lips are nice and smooth for the day. I use the Fresh Sugar Lip Polish but you can definitely make your own lip scrub at home with a sugar, a bit of extra virgin olive oil and a bit of lemon.
* Once I get out of the bathroom, I slap on my moisturizer. I use the Laneige Balancing Emulsion. This line of skin care products are very gentle on the skin, very hydrating since they are mostly water based and not a lot of chemicals are put into their products. I’ve been using this for almost a month and a half and my skin has been very happy about it.
* I then start on my make up aka the fun part :]
* If I have a lot of time in the morning, I do prime my face with the Porefessional by Benefit. This helps with evening out skin tone, minimizing pores and helping your makeup stay in place throughout the day. I also notice that this helps keep my T-zone matte.
* For foundation, I do switch around depending on what I’m doing that day or where I’ll be going. If I am going to work, I use the Fit me! Matte + Poreless in shade 230, this a very good drugstore foundation if you want a light, slightly matte and natural looking finish. If I am going to an event or simply going out with friends and family, I use the Make Up Forever HD Foundation in shade 128 I believe.
* I then use a concealer, to get rid of these annoying dark circles — I use the MAC Prolong Wear in NC42 and I use a damp Beauty Blender throughout my foundation & concealer routine by the way!
* I then put on a bit of blush using my BH Cosmetics Blush Palette — btw, best $7 I’ve ever spent! I set my whole face with a face powder. I do switch around with face powders because I still don’t have a go-to and nothing has been my holy grail, so I am still on the hunt!
* Eyeliner is VERY important to me, I never go out without it. I use a ton of different ones as well but at the moment I am using the Maybelline Line Stiletto in blackest black.Best. Drugstore. Eyeliner. so far. I then put on mascara, and I switch around as well — I alternate between the Tarte Lights Camera Lashes and the Covergirl Lash Sensational in very black.
* Almost forgot about brows.. and we cannot forget about the brows! I use everything Anastasia Beverly Hills and at the moment I am using their powder duo in Chocolate since I am currently a brunette-black combo hair (haha, what?) and I set with a generic clear brow gel, which you can get in any drugstore — I tend to use Maybelline’s Clear Lash Mascara which comes in that yellow green cap, works like a charm.
* After work or an eventful day, the very first thing I do is take off my make up. Nothing feels better than a clean face and it very important to cleanse thoroughly.
* I use the Garnier Nourishing Cleansing Oil. I put two pumps on my hand and I massage around my face and around my eyes. What I love about this product is that it is so gentle, it does not irritate my skin and my eyes — which is a huge bonus! — and almost everything comes off my face. After a good 2 minutes, I rinse with lukewarm water to get rid of every speck of oil in my face and I follow through with my Philosophy Purity Cleanser with the Face Shop Charcoal Cleansing Puff to get rid of any residue left from the oil cleanser.
* My night routine is very simple since I tend to only have a very short amount of time until my body shuts off and wants to sleep. This includes using the Laneige Sleeping Mask which is a mask you do not have to rinse off right away. I love this sleeping mask, it is so light, I don’t feel greasy at night and it leaves my skin very hydrated up until I wake up.
Oh my goodness that was long. Well, this is just an insight to what I go through everyday to help me survive a very busy week. Some products do change and I will post an update if I end up finding more amazing products for everyday! Have a fab day ♥